PayPal IPN Transaction on your site: Possible fraud

Started by Sundock, February 15, 2013, 17:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundock

Have read many posts about this for VM 1.1 but nothing that helps resolve for V2.

Site is running running:
VM 2.0.18a
Joomla: 2.5.9

Upon completing a test order everything worked fine - order recorded in VM, funds transferred to PayPal, user returned to site and order status set to Confirmed so all looks ok. Since completing the one test order yesterday I have received about 50 emails with the following message:

Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 66.211.170.66.
The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal ip address

These are the valid IP Addresses: 23.46.50.234,173.0.81.33,173.0.81.1 The Order ID received was: XXXXXX

All posts I have been able to find relate to changing notify.php which no longer exists for V2. From what I can see the error message is generated from plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php around 840.

Wondering if it is ok to just disable the error email here since the order process seems to work fine otherwise. Client PayPal account is with paypal.com.au

One thing I noted when using Virtuemart AIO to check for upgrades I see the following message which I am not sure is relevant to this:
- com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal
- Couldnt read dir source /plugins/vmpaymen/moneybookers

Abbring

Hello,

Have you resolved this issue?  If so, how did you do it? I am having the same problem. 

The transaction goes through, but I still see this email which is annoying!

Thank you

alatak

Hello
Quote- com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal
This is a normal message when you are updating the AIO. It also update the database if necessary

Quote- Couldnt read dir source /plugins/vmpaymen/moneybookers
This message can be ignored. It has been fixed for the next version
QuoteError code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 66.211.170.66.
The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal ip address

The list of the Paypal IP addresses has been updated. Please use  the latest 2.0.18 version http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files