News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show Original Price / Discount Amount / Price you pay

Started by virtueslave, February 07, 2013, 22:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtueslave

I am trying to configure the price so that it show the original price - the amount of discount (I'm assuming you use the override box to put the price you pay and discount amount is calculated automatically) - amount you pay. I do not want to show any tax. This used to be straight forward but has gotten very complicated. I can find no description or explanation of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See print screen for my current settings and what is displayed

What I want is basic:
Product is normally €28
Discount is €3
Price You Pay €25

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Stonedfury

turn on default tax, turn off the price over ride. set up a tax but make it a discount -% then apply it to the product under your site tax box. You can set your site default tax to none or zero but if you do it on the product it loses something and you get a 0 for base price and then the discounted price. Took me a few days to figure out this area. have fun. Unless I misunderstood. Then sorry I couldnt help. Good luck
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

virtueslave

so I basically have to set up a discount "tax" for every product I want to discount - that is not going to be easy with a shop that has 200+ products. I hope a developer can come up with an easier way.

Stonedfury

No, you can apply the discount to a group, a category, or a product. It is in the settings what to apply it to. Or you can leave them blank and when creating or editing a product use the field and it will calculate automatically. See the images

[attachment cleanup by admin]
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

treyb

Does that mean that if we have a shop wityh over 6,500 products that we have to create a rule for each category since the discount is dependent upon each category.  Do we then have to open up ech individual product and have it default to that particular discount rule... 

Someone please help.
Trey

Stonedfury

No you can apply the rule to a product, category, or even a shopper group. I created a rule and applied it to a category (was by accident) and it was applied to all products in that category without editing individually. I then went back to the rule and took the categories out - this however didn't change the products to which the rule applied and that is when I had to go back through each product and turn it off individually.

skaramanlis

Here is how Im showing the base price:
$this->product->prices['basePriceWithTax'];

Here is how Im showing the sales price:
$this->product->prices['salesPrice'];

Here is how Im showing the calculated percentage discount:
$discont_per = ((($this->product->prices['basePriceWithTax']) - ($this->product->prices['salesPrice']))/$this->product->prices['salesPrice'])*100;