News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2.018a BUG? Stock control not fully working

Started by kd5cna, February 01, 2013, 18:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd5cna

I have the most recent virtuemart 2.018a installed and the stock control does not seem to be functioning as I think it is intended. Products keep overselling when multiple customers are attempting to make purchases at the same time. I tested this myself by logging in as two different users at the same time. I had both users add the full available stock of items to their own cart. When user #1 confirms the purchase, the "booked" stock does change in virtuemart. However, user #2 is still able then to confirm their purchase as well, thereby selling more product than was available. It seems to me as if the final confirm stage of checkout is not checking against the booked stock. Thanks for any insight anyone may have!

Milbo

I think this problem is already solved for 2.1 makes not really sense to fix this in vm2.0.x, because the error is the not updated quantity imho.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ka3media

Because this is an important thing if the stock controll is in use: When do you think V2.1 is going to be released? Thanks!

Bek85

I am having the same problem too in 2.0.18. If two or more customers can book out the same product when there is only 1 in stock this will cause big problems for my client. Any ideas of when 2.1 will be released? I'd be happy to donate if it will speed up the process.

AroJazz

Is there a temporary solution for this problem even if it is not fully functional?

ka3media

NO. Because it's needs a realtime database connect, as far as I know... and this seems not easy to manage with MySQL so far

AroJazz

Maybe, it is possible to compare the quantities in the cart session and the real stock before the order confirmation and if the ordered quantity is higher than the real stock to display a system message.

ka3media

But then you need a kind of countdown for reservation in cart... and the information for the customer, that this item is reserved for other customers, but maybe available in 5 minutes. Because there is a difference between it's sold out and it reserved.

Otherwise the business competition goes to your shop an puts all items in his cart and leave it there... so you are sold out for hours...