News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Orders showing as pending from Paypal

Started by camble, January 28, 2013, 17:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camble

Orders have been going through my system fine over the last few days, however today it suddenly stopped working.

Basically all of the orders now seem to be completing, but returning as Pending, which therefore doesn't notify the admin or customer of the order being complete. You can go into the system and manually complete the order but that is beyond the point.

When I complete an order in Sandbox, it works perfectly and returns the order as complete.

I have had a look at the paypal-ipn.log and it shows all of the sandbox orders, however none of the real orders are being returned.

Is there something I haven't done?

The Paypal is a Business account, however IPN is turned off...Could this be something to do with it?

I am using VM 2.0.14 with Joomla 2.5.7.

Thank you in advance
Liam

camble

Just as a follow up, I've checked the Paypal-ipn.log file and it does show the completed genuine orders over the last few days but obviously stops when the system stopped working for whatever reason.

It still stands whereby if I do a sandbox test it works and it writes to the log, however if you do a genuine order it does not.

camble

Fixed.
Just for anybody else's benefit it was a problem with Paypal's IPN system.

teddyfresco

Hi, would you please be so kind to specify what was the problem and tell us how did you solve it?
Thanks and regards

AH

If it was a problem with Paypal IPN, then it is likely that camble did nothing to resolve it
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0