News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cumulative Update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.18?

Started by f.behrend, January 20, 2013, 15:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f.behrend

Hi all,

is it possible to update my installation direct from 2.0.0 to 2.0.18?

Thanks

jenkinhill

I would do it in two steps, say to 2.0.8 first and then to 2.0.18a as a couple of members have reported problems with a single big update. Use the Joomla extensions updater.

If you use template overrides then you will need to update those, information on changes is on the current version / live update info or on http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416

If you are using the original VM2 version then you probably have Joomla 1.5? That should be updated to J2.5.8 as J1.5 is no longer supported.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mowlman

Ah, maybe this is my migration problem...?

I have been trying to migrate from VM1 directly to VM 2.0.18.  Perhaps I should take my joomla 1 / VM1 site and migrate first to VM 2.0.8.  Then migrate joomla to 2.5, and finally upgrade VM from 2.0.8 to 2.0.18?

jenkinhill

Yes, I found it easier easier to update VM on J1.5 and then update the Joomla version. VM2.0.8 is a good halfway update, as for later versions J1.5 support is dropped.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum