News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Text in buttons is missing

Started by i101, January 05, 2013, 19:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i101

Hello there,

after I imported a Joomla/Virtuemart 2 onto a new database the text on all buttons is missing. See for yourself, I added a screenshot:

it should look like this:

Any advice what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

Do you mean you took your exising files and added a database from another site? Both the same Joomla/VM versions and with identical configurations?

Is a problem with your language settings/files - so I'd guess the configurations were different.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

TM_VIRTUEMART_EMPTY_CART

is NOT following our convention like a COM_VIRTUEMART_ therefore you use not the original virtuemart. So ask the guy who sold it to you.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

i101

Hello,

@jenkinhill I installed joomla/virutemart2 for test purposes on another database before uploading it to the designed website. After uploading the joomla structure and importing the database with help of mysql dumper the text is missing.

@Milbo: I bought a VirtueMart Template @templatemonster.com. The template contained a installable package that concluded j2.5, virtuemart and all necessary modules to make my shop look like in the demo. I didnt know that the creator has sold me a modified version of VirtueMart.

jenkinhill

Sorry I should have spotted the TM_  in the language error. That is certainly a Template Monster file. The language file they have used will be somewhere in the TM template file package, unless they used overrides which are entirely stored in the original database. One problem with using TM is that the template is probably set up for a non-current version of VirtueMart (usually 2.0.6 or earlier) so breaks when you update your VirtueMart, as the overrides and language files do not necessarily match - and unfortunately their support is very variable. No problem though once you work out how to edit template & language overrides for yourself.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

i101

Basicly it means I have to fix it by myself if templatemonster has such a poor support.

Best wishes and thanks for the quick respond!
Cheers

i101

I found the solution. Looks like instead " they where using ' for some of the descriptions inside the language ini's.

What a relief :D