Previous topic - Next topic

RomanWeb

Hi, experts,

I would like to remove the category from the URL, so that instead of

mysite.com/category1/product1_detais

it would become

mysite.com/product1_details

Is it possible?
What file should I change or what plugin I should use?

Thanks a lot!

PHP 5.2.13
Joomla 2.5.6
Virtuemart 2.0.10

RomanWeb

In general, I would like to be able to move the item to archive once it is sold out, but keep it's url, to preserve all links etc.

One way is to remove it from original category and assign to Archive category, making 301 redirect from old URL.

Another is to remove the category from URL all together.

Yet another is somehow prevent it from displaying in original category once it is sold out, but still show all sold out items in archive, preserving original URL with category.

Anyone has any ideas how to do it properly?

Thanks!

RomanWeb

I'm still here..

Another solution that I'm not able to implement would be as follows.

1. I set "Do not display products that are out of stock" in configuration.
2. And then I need to create some special category that displays all products that are out of stock.

So, any ideas how I would be able to do the #2?
Maybe override some new template that does inverse if for the omitting out of stock items?

Thanks!

jjk

If you move a product to a different category or remove it from a category, the url will always change. Otherwise VirtueMart has no chance to determine to which category a product belongs. If you want to keep the original url, I would simply type something like "archived product/sold out" into the availability field.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

RomanWeb

Quote from: jjk on December 30, 2012, 12:01:03 PM
If you move a product to a different category or remove it from a category, the url will always change. Otherwise VirtueMart has no chance to determine to which category a product belongs. If you want to keep the original url, I would simply type something like "archived product/sold out" into the availability field.

Thanks, if I understood you correctly, that's how it is made right now. But the nature of this shot is such that there are ~50% of products like that.
Besides, the note "Not available" is visible only on the detail page.
I would like to find the solution to preserve any links to the products, including social in case the product is sold, while allowing visitors to browse products that can be bought.