Unable to add weight for custom fields product in virtuemart2

Started by shailendra2614, December 11, 2012, 08:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shailendra2614

Hi All,

I have created a site using virtuemart2.I have created products and these products are available in differnent sizes so that we have created a custom fields for this .Now my point is all product has its own weight which needs to enter on every custom different sizes product.

Please suggest a way to add weight for the custom fields product sizes.I have searched lot more things but unable to find a solutions.Please help me.My client is too much disturb.

URL:

http://preservation-solutions.com/staging/index.php/product-shop/leather-care

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Shailendra

balai

Hi

What you mean custom field sizes?
The only way to do this is to use stockable varriants for the sizes
and add a custom field weight for each child product which is created by the stcokable varriant

shailendra2614

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.

I have not created child products.I have just created a product and according to their size we have created custom fields as  cart variant. Now client need to add weight for each product (on custom fields ).You can check by URL.

When you will click on a product and go to the product detail page you can select product from the drop down, pricing are changed  when will you select a product.i just need to add weight on the custom fields which is under the drop down because shipping cost will vary on the product weight.

How to fix this .Please help me.

http://preservation-solutions.com/staging/index.php/product-shop/leather-care

balai

Hi

There is no way to add custom field to a custom field.

Use the stockable varriants custom fields to create your various sizes.

This plugin will create a child product for each size which will be displayed as drop-down list inside your product details page.
Then in each child product add a weight

shailendra2614

Hi ,

Thanks a lot to help me.

We need to create a child product which is in drop down currrently ?

One question is when i will add weight for each child product.it will update pricing automatically when i will go for shipping option ?