News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Frontend admin in 2.0.14 version

Started by nikpony, November 28, 2012, 16:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikpony

Hello,
I have just updated my VM to the latest version (2.0.14) which includes the front end admin feature.
I can't find any option about this in the back-end? Can somebody help me how to enable it?

Jediknight

Yes, I am interesting about this too. I can`t find, how can I make a Storeadmin rights for shopper.

p.s. Sorry about my English. I am from Russia.

nikpony

Nobody can help us?
This was the major feature of VM and i can't explain the reason that developers remove it and now we have difficulties in creating an eshop...
Please give us a hand!

bytelord

Guys,

Explain your issues better and please give a full feedback with your issue including: PHP, VM2, Joomla versions.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

nikpony

Ok then...
PHP: 5.5.27
VM: 2.0.14 (I have already wrote it)
Joomla: 2.5.6

That's all!
If you really didn't understand the issue, i have to explain it again...
So, developers said that from the version 2.0.11 and above the front-end managing of the shop feature will be available.
As i have already installed the latest version i can't find an option for this feature.
Can somebody help me?
I can't understand the reason of removing this feature in VM2!Also i can't understand why the module vm manager of user access in the VM panel have been removed!

jenkinhill

Front end editing of products by vendors was introduced in VM2.0.12 as the first stage of adding multi-vendor capability, in this case it is what has been referred to as "administrated multivendor" http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107588.0 

After enabling multi-vendor and assigning an administrator/publisher as additional vendor. Currently the products are created by the superuser vendor - in the product editor each product can be assigned to a vendor.  That vendor can then log into the front end of the site to edit their own (assigned) products.

This is not the full FE access that used to be in VM1.1 as the aim with VM2 is to ensure total security of access. This is likely to be steadily introduced as more multi-vendor features are introduced, but there are currently more pressing updates such as streamlining the product custom fields and variants.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum