News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to setup Cash On Delivery (COD)

Started by Thomas Kampp, November 28, 2012, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Kampp

I have Virtuemart 2.0.14 and the matching AIO component installed.

How exactly do I setup a Cash On Delivery payment option (with the correct names)? There does NOT seem to be this option as others have mentioned: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92169.0

What is the name of the Joomla plugin that needs to be enabled for the Cash On Delivery to work?
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

jenkinhill

Set up a payment method using the Standard plugin. Enter Payment Name as COD or Cash on Delivery and if you charge a fee for this service enter that amount under "Fee per transaction". It will then be offered as a payment method at checkout. No need to enter anything else on the plugin.

You may wish to edit the confirmation of order email sent to the client, how to do this is already well covered in the forum.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Thomas Kampp

It works, thanks. The problem was with the shopper group apparently.
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

Favazza

Made it standard, but if a customer chooses that option, they shouldn't be a freight cost?!
But for me it still calculates it as it's supposed to be shipped  ???

jenkinhill

Then you have not set up a separate shipment method for COD with no charges set?

Some stores do add shipping costs to COD plus a collection fee.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MacAcer

How can I limit COD to only work with selected Shippers. Not all shippers offer the COD service and thos who do have different COD fees depending on what shipping service you choose from. Home delivery shipping for example comes with a more expensive COD fee than that of collect at post office. I want to be able to setup different COD Payment methods which will only work with specific shipping methods. Should be a pretty normal setting for most vendors.

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: MacAcer on September 09, 2013, 11:38:57 AM
I want to be able to setup different COD Payment methods which will only work with specific shipping methods. Should be a pretty normal setting for most vendors.
Probably One Page Checkout could do this - check 3rd party forum.

Also some kind of solution for this I saw on forum. Did you try forum search button?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart