News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom field layout

Started by Courtland, November 09, 2012, 22:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtland

Hello I have another question, I hope there is an easy answer I have some custom fields set up w/ parents and when I add the parent Item to the product they all appear, but I would like them to appear w/o a value. Let me try to explain a little better (I have a picture too). When I set up the custom fields I set up a parent item Called Input/Output withe the title set to Input/Output, and nothing else set. Then I set up the children; USB Port, Mini USB, HDMI Output, etc etc. all set up as string types and  parent set to Input/Output. The names are set to the titles. Now when I add a Input/Output custom field to a product the sub classes show up but without a description they will not display so I add a "." to the value box and then my display looks like the picture attached. (I added a <hr /> to add the lines). but I want the sub titles to display in the same section as the parent. I hope some of this makes sense and hopefully the picture helps. So my two questions are..

1. How do I display the elemnts without the "." in the value field?
2. How do I display the sub titles in the dame div as the parent title?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Courtland

I'm looking for output similar to this...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Courtland

Solution... dont use custom fields

be

Hi,
I think you need only a css solution.
Take a look of your Code with firebug or similar and than style it. The bulletpoints can you style with the css attribute "content:before".

BR