News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Vendors and their products - HELP!!!!! :o

Started by Mjbigo, November 28, 2013, 03:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mjbigo

Hi Guys,
I figured out how to assign a product to a vender through the administrator. Great!

Now, if I got to the front end and login as the vender I created and assigned the produtos to. How do I (the vendor) get to see the products I have on the site?

I now spent hours trying to figure this out and I am definitely stuck. Please help. Someone must now this.
Do I need 3rd extension?
Should I see it straightway but I am having some sort of bug?

From the administrator side of things. On the 'Products' tab, where we can filter the products by manufacturer.
Is there any additional plugin/filter to be able to filter by vendor?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.16
VM 2.0.24c

Mjbigo

Hi,
I found a 3rd part extension that seems to do what I need. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-administration/21218

I am now wondering IF I could do it with the core VM2 only. the reason for that is that I like to keep my sites as lean as possible, because it makes it easier to update (not many extensions to update) and I think it keeps the site more secure. As there are less possible doors to be hacked.

Please if anyone looking at this now how to do it with core VM 2, please share.

Thanks

jenkinhill

We do not support core hacks. Too many people make hacks and are then are unable or don't want to update so end up with an insecure site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Mjbigo

Thanks Jenkihill,
I agree about the hacks. That is why I am asking how to do it using the VM2 only.

I se e the options to setup the multivendor, I see some of the features, but it is almost as if somethings are missing.

How can i , as a vendor see my products when I login to the front end?

Is it possible or do I need the 3rd part extension?

Thanks again