News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Only Text in Admin

Started by ianfay, October 17, 2012, 21:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianfay

I am not able to access the backend of VM.  I get the attached output.

Joomla: 2.5.6
Virtuemart: 2.0.12b
RocketTheme: ximenia

The error I receive is: Fatal error: Class 'JSimpleXML' not found in /home/saint/public_html/projects/145_ShebaJewelry/libraries/joomla/factory.php on line 407

I don't see much when searching.

Thoughts?

8)

BTW - I tried the AIO for install and it didn't work, so used the other component.  Everything said it was installed correctly.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

Could try to download and install the tar.gz files from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Whats your PHP version?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

ianfay

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Here is my PHP and Apache versions

PHP: 5.3.16
Apache: 2.2.22

When trying to install the AIO version I get the same error:
Warning: require(/home/xxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/tmp/install_507f123021b1d/script.vmallinone.php on line 319

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/tmp/install_507f123021b1d/script.vmallinone.php on line 319

and get an installed plugin called VMPAYMENT_STANDARD.

Upon uninstall I get:

Failed deleting en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
Failed to delete /home/xxxx/public_html/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini

When trying to install the regular version I get an install with the attached output.  Once I click the "Go To Shop" button, I receive the same, original problem.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help.

8)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

Make a full backup, try to uninstall AIO and then reinstall it. Also clean your joomla tmp directory.

Regards

ianfay

Hello,

I uninstalled VM.  Cleared my tmp directory completely. Reinstalled using the tar.gz version extracted from the "extract first" zip found on the download site you provided.

I get this error:

Warning: require(/home/xxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/tmp/install_5080260f9aeba/script.vmallinone.php on line 319

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/tmp/install_5080260f9aeba/script.vmallinone.php on line 319

Could it be something with unzipping the file on my Mac?
Problem with my tmp folder permissions? They are currently wide open.

Thanks!

8)

bytelord

Hello,

There are two files inside the tar.gz when you unzipped it. First install vm component and after the vm aio extensions.

Regards

ianfay

Hello,

After uninstalling everything and deleting all virturemart tables from my database, and then installing the component BEFORE the AIO, let me get to the backend of the cart.

Thank you for your speedy help!!

Love live virtuemart.

8)

ianfay

Spoke too soon.  As soon as I installed the AIO and used it to update files it went back to text.

ianfay

Very delicately, we increased memory, I've got it to work.  I hate to provide a client with an e-commerce system that isn't rock solid and can crap out at the slightest upgrade.

Is there a way that I can check the validity of my install?

Thanks,

Ian

jenkinhill

There is no problem with stability if the server is well configured and PHP resources are set high enough. Too many shared server hosts use minimal resources to try to pack on as many sites as possible. In this forum section I reckon at least a third of issues are due to inadequate resources. For example for Joomla2.5 to run well you need memory_limit to be 128Mb (or more).............
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ianfay

I understand.

I have a very current PHP version, my own VPS, and memory set to 500MB....  a 'well configured' server might not be quite my situation thought. ;)