News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Cannot configure shop details

Started by ukfish1, October 05, 2012, 18:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

Hi

I cannot seem to configure the vendor details and additional information in the VM backend.

I installed the site and VM via a "quickstart" install but then deleted the user that VM was drawing the store information from. When I try to save the vendor information, I get the following error:

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42

Other than uninstalling and reinstalling VM, is there a way round this?

VM version: 2.0.10
Joomla: 2.5.6

Cheers, Paul

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nods

I also have the problem: Cannot configure shop details with this error message:

Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 883

If i then change user ID 883 to 0 (zero) then the shop tab disappears.

So, a) do I actually need the Shop tab, which gives shop name and logo etc, but then where would any customer see this info?  Wouldn't any customer just click on the STORE button on my main website and view categories/products and continue shopping?

Any ideas?
Thanks

nods

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 883

Has anyone had this error in VM?
Some forums suggest changing user 883 to zero in the DB, but then the tab to edit the shop details disappears. I've tried loading a fresh install of VM but the same error returns.
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks

jenkinhill

Nods it is a Joomla error, not a VM error. You have to fix the database. Here is another description of the fix:  http://www.gavick.com/forums/general-discussion/error-juser-load-unable-to-load-user-with-id-42-17408.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

artyboy

Hi

I have tried the above solution, however it didn't work for me.

My problem is that I have used Akeeba Admin Tools to "spoof" the admin user ID from 42. So in otherwords there's a spoof admin with ID 42 and the real one with say ID 39.

A possible solution I would like to try - but I want to check with you first - is to go to VM2 tools, click on the "migration" tab, then change the ID of the admin "Store Owner" to one of the other super admins (for example they would have an id of 749. Would this work? Or would I be causing more issues?

The last time I tried to change the default admin in PhpMyAdmin I had a different superuser replicating itself (couldn't delete or edit that user), so I had to restore the DB.

Any help appreciated.  :o

jenkinhill

You can set the store owner (vendor) to whichever superuser id you want to use. Test on a backup, of course......
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

artyboy

Hi Jenkinhill

Do you mean using the method in PhpMyAdmin, or by changing the ID of the vendor using the migration tab?

Thanks,
Arthur

jenkinhill

Use the tools/migration tab. Or you can enable multivendor and change vendor status on the shopper list. The new vendor must have "billing" address already entered through VM backend's Shopper Information.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

artyboy

Hi

Thanks - I will remember that for next time!

Instead, I made a new admin user, then changed it's ID in PhpMyAdmin to the one VM was shouting for.

That seems to have worked now!

Many thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Way2exhale

Hi there:

It has been 5 days now and I finally found a solution to the configuration settings for SafePath.  After much research, I found another user suggested to go into Joomla Administration>Global Configuration>Server and copy you server settings from the Path to Temp Folder to VM Configurations>Template Tab and copy the same info into the Media File Settings into the SafePath text box.

I did this and it got rid of the Warning message and created my Invoice file folder.

My question is after following the instruction as listed in the VirtueMart Documents, which leads you to copy the server path  in Joomla 2.5 System Information/Configuration File where the path is shown for tmp_path and for log_path and substitute your new directory name for "html/logs" or "html/tmp"

I got nothing but the same Warning the Safe path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/xx/xxxxxxx/vmfiles.

But, after doing exactly opposite from what VirtueMart  directions tells you not to do it worked. I got a notification that its was saved and a invoice file was created.

Only, now my concern is the security vulnerability to my site can I change the file after the fact by moving to another location or do I delete the file in Shop Path and have to start again.

Appreciate your feedback  :)
Way

Joomla! 2.5.14
PHP 5.3.24
VirtueMart  2.0.24  Latest release date 2013-10-01

Currently using:
VM 2.0.24b
Joomla 2.5.16
Php 5.3.24