News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal Multiple Currencies?

Started by atrus, September 21, 2012, 16:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrus

Hi to all,

Noted that Paypal plugin only supports one currency, this is really weird. The customer should be able to pay in the currency he uses in the checkout provided that this is accepted. Is there any way to allow more currencies into Paypal?

Regards,
Chris

bytelord

Hello,

Please read here. Paypal uses currency converter: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_convert-outside

Also you can change it from paypal account configuration page.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

atrus

Hi bytelord,

Thanks for your reply; what I meant is that only one currency is allowed to be set in paypal plugin config. So if you have customers who want to pay in different currencies they cannot, the can only pay in the currency set in the config.

A way to solve this is to create many Paypal payment methods and assign them to different countries perhaps, but it is not an optimum solution, any ideas?

Rgrds,
Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

bytelord

Hi,

Sorry for that, I not sure i am able to help you, may be alatak can help you on that (if the plugin is possible to support more currencies).

One solution i could think is to create more paypal payment methods with different countries and publish them, so when a user register or checkout country will trig the right paypal method payment with different currency.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!