News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Enable SEO, could not go through product details in the sub-category

Started by DH, September 18, 2012, 19:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Joomla! 2.5.6 (and same on version 2.5.7)-   VM2.0.08 (and same on version 2.0.10)
Reset htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Changes SEO Settings to
Search Engine Friendly URLs  YES
Use URL rewriting            YES

Everything was ok before Enabled VM SEO. The issue shows that when click in the root category, it goes to sub-category and then to the product list page, when click on any of the items, the URL changed to the target item URL, but the webpage remained the same as the product list page. It's so weired! I attached some photos for reference. Any one could help?  for better reference, I have enable the debug and it shows like the below:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.005922794342041
        vmdebug Start used Ram 10.25M
        vmdebug checkValidOrderingField:VirtueMartModelProduct programmer choosed invalid ordering ordering, use ordering
        vmdebug $this->category LC Fiber Optic Adapter
        vmdebug vmTime: VirtuemartControllerCategory Finished task : 0.20960092544556
        vmdebug End used Ram 15.25M
        vmdebug Peak memory peak 15.25M

Thanks in advance! God bless every kind one.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
---------------------------------------
PHP v5.3.1          |  Apache v2.2.41
MySQL v5.1.41   |  XAMPP 1.7.3
phpMyAdmin v3.2.4
Windows 7 SP1 Professional

jjk

Looks to me like you made the mistake to delete the SEO Suffix in VM2 configuration - SEO tab (default is "-details").
Disable the suffix in Joomla and add the "-details" or "html" or whatever you like in VM2 SEO configuration. Since the product details page in VM2 is accessible via different urls, VM2 needs a suffix to determine that it is on a product details page. If VM2 SEO field is empty, the router can't work in certain cases.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

mrtrung

Quote from: jjk on September 19, 2012, 07:46:35 AM
Looks to me like you made the mistake to delete the SEO Suffix in VM2 configuration - SEO tab (default is "-details").
Disable the suffix in Joomla and add the "-details" or "html" or whatever you like in VM2 SEO configuration. Since the product details page in VM2 is accessible via different urls, VM2 needs a suffix to determine that it is on a product details page. If VM2 SEO field is empty, the router can't work in certain cases.

That's a good answer, I've been thinking about it, but you're really great.
Thanks

DH

Quote from: mrtrung on September 24, 2012, 05:00:40 AM
Quote from: jjk on September 19, 2012, 07:46:35 AM

That's a good answer, I've been thinking about it, but you're really great.
Thanks
Probable spam link detected-Emotion cruise-Douce Mekong Cruise Mekong

I guess so and fixed it now, since I've given up sh404sef all things go easy now. Thanks a lot!
PHP v5.3.1          |  Apache v2.2.41
MySQL v5.1.41   |  XAMPP 1.7.3
phpMyAdmin v3.2.4
Windows 7 SP1 Professional