News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

change product-quantity into decimal numbers

Started by rootfrequenz, September 16, 2012, 17:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootfrequenz

Hello,

i need the possibility to choose between float and int for product-quantity and enable/disable this configuration in product-backend (shop sells piece-goods and cut-goods). The cut-goods should be able to be counted in floats, also regarding all dependencies such as !availability!, ... .
In VM1 i found a hack for this issue: http://www.joomlaportal.de/joomla-e-commerce-l-sungen/74960-virtuemart-dezimal-zahlen-bei-der-anzahl-bei-bestellung.html 

Can someone tell me what/which files i have to change ?

I use VM 2.0.9 and joomla 2.5.6

Thank you & cheers

chancehoggan

how can product quantity be a float? To help you I need to understand what you want to do.

rootfrequenz

Hello chancehoggan,

we want to sold cut-goods and piece-goods. Now, we can sell piece-goods, because the user buy 1 or 2 or 3 T-Shirts.
On the other hand, we want sold cut-goods. Here, the user buy 3,4 meter of a product (one curtain). I think the 3,4 are float.

Can you change the quantity field so that the user can enter 3,4 with all dependencies like availability, price, cart, ... .
In VM1 i found the hack from post before, but not for VM2 :( 
In the backend  we musst choose between the decimal calculation for cut-goods and normal virtuemart for piece-goods in the product configuration.

I hope you understand the problem.

Thanks for reply & cheers