News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No Prices Show in Shopping Cart with PayPal

Started by designer0145, September 12, 2012, 19:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

designer0145

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie at using both Joomla and VirtueMart.  I think I was able to get both VirtueMart and the UPS plugin set up... but am having trouble with the payment prices showing up in my shopping cart.  (I'm using PayPal as my only payment method.) I have checked the forums covering the topic and the book from ShowMe Guides "VirtueMart 2" but seem to be unable to resolve the problem.  Here's the issue and setup:

FRONTEND
My test products show up just fine in the actual shop, including the prices.  (Here's my page with the test products: (https://www.pkesposito.com/index.php/shop-products/2012-09-03-23-52-31)  However, when I click on "Add to Cart", then "View Cart, " here's what I get:

NAME: correct
SKU: correct
PRICE: NO PRICE
QUANTITY: correct
TAX: grayed out
DISCOUNT: grayed out
TOTAL: NO TOTAL

When I logged in as a customer in the frontend, the Payment Line shows "PayPal", but no prices are to be seen anywhere. 

When I am NOT logged in as a customer in the frontend, the Payment Line notifies me "No Payment Selected," and "Select Payment."  When I click through an error page appears with: "Safari can't verify the identity of the website 'www.pkesposito.com'.  The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be 'www.pkesposito.com', which could put your confidential information at risk.  Would you like to connect to the website anyway?  If I click "Continue" I then get the following error message on my website: "Checkout Step 3.  Please select a payment method.  We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order."

BACKEND
Here's how I tried to set the payment up:

(1) I have the current version of VirtueMart 2.0.10, and the current version of VirtueMart aio.  I've also enabled the VM - Payment Method - PayPal on the Joomla Extension page.  I also have an active, PayPal Premier account that I have used to make/receive
payments from other venues.

Under Payment Methods, "Payment Method Information" I have the following settings:
Payment Name: PayPal
Published: Yes
Payment Method: VM- Payment, PayPal
Shopper Group: Anonymous, Default (the only shopper groups I have)

Under Configuration, I have the following settings:
   Logos (parameters): No options selected at this time
   PayPal payment email: The email for my PayPal Premier account (works fine with payments elsewhere)
   Accept only verified buyers?: No
   Merchant sandbox email: None
   Sandbox: No
   Let buyers override their PayPal addresses? Yes
   Prompt buyers for a shipping address: Do not prompt for address
   Currency: Default Vender Currency
   Countries: United States
   Minimum Amount: Not set
   Fee per transaction: Not set
   Percent of the total product amount: Not set
   Tax: Apply default rules
   Debug?: No

Finally, I also have my website/store running on a custom template, Alphard from Joomladesigns.co.uk

Does anyone have any ideas - do I have the settings wrong?  I am very new at this and do not understand coding, but greatly appreciate any help you might be able to suggest!  Thanks!

veggie_89

Have you tried going into Virtue Mart Control Panel>Configuration>Configuration>Pricing tab>Show Following Prices:?