News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problems with versions unknown

Started by micropalla, September 04, 2012, 07:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micropalla

Hello.
I've Joomla! 2.5.6 and I've installed VM 2.0.8 some days ago.
On bottom left the system told me there was an update available so I tried to install it automatically.
After nothing happened I did a manual installation simply overwriting the existing files with the new ones and updating also obviously the DB.
To do this I downloaded the last version of VM, 2.0.10.

Now everything is ok, but I still have got on the bottom left the advice to update to VM 2.0.10!
And the strange thing is that if I go in Extensions Manager, all VM Extensions seems to be update to version 2.0.8e and NOT to 2.0.10.
Of course I'm sure the package I've manually installed was 2.0.10, so where is the problem? Why it seems I've installed 2.0.8e and not 2.0.10?

What have I got to do to have the last version installed?
Hope someone can help me...

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ptfeplastics

While I'd love to help you, but I can not help you.Sorry about that.

micropalla

I followed the instructions but nothing happened.
I've still the alert for a new update!
I tried to refresh thw browser and also to refresh VM button "verify new update" but nothing happened.
Any ideas?

jenkinhill

See this:

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

micropalla

Thank you but unfortunately I don't have that button.
I've got these two:

"Update to last version" and "Verify new updates availability"

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I think with your way of updating you don't have a way to update some part(s) of the database. Use the correct installation method, Joomla's Extension Manager, to reinstall the VM2.0.10 packages, com_virtuemart.2.0.10.tar.gz and com_virtuemart.2.0.10_ext_aio.tar.gz  - this will not overwrite your products & settings but will update any corrupt files and database entries.  Do this on a site backup!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK