News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Hide price only for certain categories.

Started by simsar78, August 27, 2012, 11:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simsar78

Hello to all,
a customer asked me to hide the price for certain products included in only a few categories.

How can I view the products and prices for hide only some of them?

I use J2.5 and VM2.0.10 if I create a product and as a customer I put only one group (ie registered)
I'm not display more than the product until you log in to the site.

I wish I could play the same but have the opportunity to see the price only if registered.

Thank you

John2400

Yes you need to play with groups

all but some items are in the default group and the gold group but some are only in the gold group.

all registered persons are placed in the default and gold group.

You get the idea. - just remember you do not have to actually add people or products to the default group as they are already in it.

simsar78

I have just tested your info.
But:
if i have a product in gold group ... the anymous group don't see the product and relative price.

I need :

the anymous group see the product but no see the price. For look the price the anymous group (guest client) need to register and the registration put the client in the gold group (no in the default group). ((i can put in manually the register in gold group.. no have problem))

Thk you

ornicom

I have the same request...
Some suppliers doesn't like to show prices on the net for the none registered user
but why mask all prices if other suppliers have no request to mask or show prices
It will be a good solution to show price depending of registered user or not and also depending of category or type of product

Ornicom

John2400

I do understand the issue - then you might neede to clone some products -
same product - give each a different price & one 0 price the other the right one then put them in different groups.

they will show on the front to different groups or::

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106642.msg356716#msg356716