News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Show Prices and Add to Cart ONLY for registered users?

Started by Gary, August 20, 2012, 14:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

I have been searching for AGES for a solution to something that used to be very easy.

All I need to do is hide product prices and add to cart until someone signs in, then it all appears.

It seems this is not possible in VM2. is this right? I have honestly read through about 40 threads so far trying to find an answer.

Surely this is a fairly standard requirement? It seems a lot of people are needing it.

Thanks

Gary

jobadoo

Need this function urgent too cant found a solution please advice how to do !

Virtuemart 2.0.10
Joomla 2.5

jenkinhill

In VM2.0.10 under Shopper groups open -anonymous-  and under "Show Following Prices" select "Enable shoppergroup specific price display" and ensure that "Show Prices" is deselected.

The prices are now not shown to un-logged in site visitors.

There is an issue in that if you are using custom fileds/attributes then the prices will still show for them, as will the add to cart button. If this is OK for you then you can leave it at that, but I have used a modified product details default template (as an override) with a test to check if the user is logged in or not, and if not logged in then the price display/add to cart /custom prices are all hidden.

Edit: just found this, similar to the code I use - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106484.msg356669#msg356669
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

freshweb

bytelord

Hello,

Please describe your issue and post your vm2 and joomla versions. There is not something there to get fixed, is working fine! May be you have troubles with the configuration....

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Santo99