News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Tax after discount don't work with coupons

Started by yellow83, August 22, 2012, 07:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellow83

I have latest Joomla 2 and VM 2.0.8e.

shop is calculating taxes always from original price, not from the discounted one / final price when I use coupons.
I have tried all taxes (per bill, per product, vat tax etc) - nothing works. Please, I need this to work asap!! Big sales going on..
I just purchased Awocoupons but same issue is there still.

Is this a bug or what? I understand that this should be working in newest version?!

bytelord

Hello,

I remember we have discuss that issue in previous posts and i think something changes to the 209 version.
Could you tested with 209b? Make a test installation and try if it works for you. Notice that 209b is mostly fixes from 208e.
Please post back your results.

Thanks
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Richard2

sorry to tell you yellow83 but in Joomla 2.5.6 + VM 2.0.10 the VAT is still calculated based on the original price and not on the price AFTER the coupon.

woop

Same problem with the latest version of Joomla 2.5 + Virtuemart 2.0.14 :-(
Tax is calculated allways from the base price of products and if you use a coupon still does the same and keeps calculating the tax from the base price instead of calculating the tax from base price - coupon discount

Does anyone in wich part of the Virtuemart code is making this calculation when you are using the coupon discount? Does anyone knows, even if it is a hack in the code, a way to solve this.

It´s imposible to have a shop with this problem when using discount coupons due it´s bringing problems with the taxes of the purchase. And that´s a big problem!

Kind Regards,
Daniel Mateu Solé

jan007

Running on Joomla! 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6.

I have the same problem! I am dutch and my customers have to pay too much tax as it is (21%). This is no complain towards my government, the tax calculation in VM is simply wrong. The discount is calculated after tax - this should be before tax.

EG: If I have a product of 100 Euro and 21 Euro (21%) tax and a 10 Euro discount - VM calculates 21 Euro tax, this should be 18,90 Euro.

Need a serious bugfix...

bytelord

@jan007
Hi,

You have too old version of VM2 ... in VM2.0.8 have been introduced the vat tax which is calculating the tax as you wish. Also the discount (price override) have the option to be done to the taxed price or to the base price.
Please upgrade to 2.0.14.

To all other about the coupon discount ... It will fixed, hopefully in the next release will be included.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Th.Pilegaard

Just testing on joomla 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.18a

If coupon value is equal  or greater than cart total amount the tax calculation is still wrong.
The Cart total amount is zero and tax is calculated as there is no coupon

Furthermore: If the coupon requires the minimum total order to be over ie 100€ then you can enter the couponcode when the order is equal or greater than 100€ - after the coupon is accepted you can lower the total order amount to be under 100€ and the coupon discount is still accepted

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

templeton

Hi,

I have 2.0.14 running and I have this issue with the coupon discounts.  I have tried to fix it myself but I do not see any coupon information in the context of the "getCheckoutPrices" (i.e. cartData, cartPrices, or even the $cart parameter!).  I have tried upgrading my "calculationh.php" to new versions but that causes other issues.  Same for upgrading the whole site.

So how can I get the coupons the user has in his cart from this function so I can fix the tax calculation?  Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: templeton on June 13, 2013, 21:55:20 PM
Hi,

I have 2.0.14 running and I have this issue with the coupon discounts.  I have tried to fix it myself but I do not see any coupon information in the context of the "getCheckoutPrices" (i.e. cartData, cartPrices, or even the $cart parameter!).  I have tried upgrading my "calculationh.php" to new versions but that causes other issues.  Same for upgrading the whole site.

So how can I get the coupons the user has in his cart from this function so I can fix the tax calculation?  Thanks.

have you considered updating to the latest?

templeton

I did but there were quirks after the upgrade.  I ended up just grabbing the cart from the session to get the information I needed .  For those interested, a workaround is get the whole cart from the Joomla session and that will have all the cart data:

//Get VM cart from Joomla session
      $llsession = JFactory::getSession();
      $llCart = $llsession->get('vmcart', 0,'vm');
      $llRawCart = unserialize($llCart);

//Optional: If you need to see VM cart object structure
      print_r($llRawCart);