Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Categories Search is not working properly

Started by WVQ, August 18, 2012, 19:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVQ

Hi,
I'm using Jomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e.
Searching Product Categories in the backend is not working properly.
I had imported the categories directly from phpAdmin. Maybe this is the reason why the search does not work. What can I do to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Walter

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

If you are just testing or trying to get your site right 2.0.9 b has a few new options in the search field areas - might not help you directly but worth a try. back up test - see how you go.

WVQ

Hi,
I've just updated to vm 2.0.10 and nothing has changed... the search still doesn't work.
Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

chancehoggan

This is a problem for me. The filter only seems to consider top level categories and doesn't seem to search categories that are nested inside.

Any ideas of ways to include a fix or work around?

This makes admin hard when you have a site with a few thousand categories

yakkes

I can confirm search is not working correctly in the backend.

As soon a dash (-) is in the search field no results are returned.

Most of my SKU numbers are constructed as DMO-1xxx-0xxx but none of them are returned.
Search on DMO and all appear.

lipes

In Administrator Area .... -> Products internal search

I 've got this product: LC-207082 SKU and got the same Product Name... (many more examples i could give with - or / \ ....)

And the search doesnt work!
Says No results found!! This is very annoying ... like the search result for Category 's names does work too ...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

scarradice

Has anyone got the category search filter working yet?  Operating on 2.0.10 and no results are produced for category search.