News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not all products are integrated - error max script time

Started by webbie65, August 16, 2012, 17:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webbie65

Maybe you can help me:

I have 13.000 products which i want to migrate from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5.
the database works very fine, everything is in it, but when i want to migrate the
data into the programm stops always at 500 products. I have this error:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang de_de
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0051100254058838
        Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 239999 maxMemoryLimit 12786
        vmdebug Migrating Products, free ram left 12781 so limit chunk to 1000
        vmdebug $limit
        Worked on general migration for 10742.098927975 seconds
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.73197507858276

Maybe it is possible to put the max script time and also the memory limit higher?
Can you tell me, where i can find this , in which file? At now, I work local with xampp,
so it might be possible, to change the parameters.

Thank you very much!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webbie65

Maybe you can tell me exactly, which parameters must be change???
The changes i made, seems as not right, look at the code below:

vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.0051329135894775
        Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 239999 maxMemoryLimit 1279986
        vmdebug Migrating Products, free ram left 1279981 so limit chunk to 1000
        vmdebug $limit
        Worked on general migration for 11372.816137075 seconds
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.8516800403595

I changed
memory_limit = 1280000M
max_input_time = 6000000
max_execution_time = 300000

Isn't that enough maybe or the wrong parameters???
I really dont know!

Thank you for your help!

Milbo

just repeat it. It is resuming "Found prior migration process, resume migration"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

webbie65

No, that cant be, it was already a repeating!
With the same result as before, just 500 articles, not more.
There must be still something wrong with the settings, but i am not shure,
which parameter i can change.

Best regards from germany, webbie

Milbo

Then you make 500 articles per step. This is usually 1 minute or so.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

webbie65

And where, do you think, should i tell my programm to load only 500 products?

Joe Bourque

Milbo,

I have am having problems too, I have 12,00 products in VM1 and when I run the migration I don't get over 1000 products in VM2. I have tried to rerun the migration multiple times and the number of products don't increase.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Joe Bourque

Can I please get some help with this? I'm still able to migrate all my products I have tried everything and it will not bring in all products it stops at 1000

Milbo

Hmm I should add a button, so that you can delete the migration process. Looks like you had some hickup.

Joe Bourque

Quote from: Milbo on January 11, 2013, 10:57:12 AM
Hmm I should add a button, so that you can delete the migration process. Looks like you had some hickup.

Milbo is there way to to clear that manually?

Thanks in advance
Joe

axcelia

I have the same problem. I have been repeating the migration continually so far I have 2169 migrated but the number has stopped going up now and I'm missing around 400 products. Everything else has come across ok.

Edit: Ok after half an hour of repeated clicking I have got to 2191 products migrated but most clicks nothing gets imported across.

Update: Ok I managed to sort this out so no worries.

Joe Bourque

Can someone give a status how to fix this I have a client I need to migrate that has been waiting months :( any help would be appreciated.

Joe

axcelia

The way I did it was to keep clicking the import until they were all moved across. It took ages mind you but it does get there in the end.
One thing I found useful was to only select one section at a time e.g do users only first e.t.c. I kept clicking import and kept an eye on the Virtuemart Shoppers page until the number of shoppers matched the old version of Virtuemart and so on.

By the way to clear the migration table manually I think it is the table #_virtuemart_migration_oldtonew_ids you need to clear. It was awhile ago I did this though so I'm not 100% sure, but I do remember having to clear the migration table manually.

Another thing you can try is to type a larger number into "Server settings of max execution time" that seemed to help for me (I edited my php.ini settings first though).

Joe Bourque

Thanks axcelia I have been trying this too but no luck.

I just uninstalled and blew away Virtuemart and installed 2.18 and still NO LUCK I have 12k products to migrate and I can't get them to move into virtuement 2.0.

Can someone on the Virtuemart team give me some assistance with this problem I would be extremely grateful

Joe