News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Positioning a module the product details page

Started by Sydiom, July 29, 2012, 18:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydiom

Hello All

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2

I want to position the currency converter in a very specific place on the products details page.

According to how I have done this before, I have followed all the correct steps:

• I have gone into the templateDetails.xml page and created a position titled "atomic-currency-Convert-Module"
  • In the default.php page for the product detail page (public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl - this page is also attached)
    I created a div (line 153) with it's own ID and inside that div I put - "<jdoc:include type="modules" name="atomic-currency-Convert-Module" style="none" />"
  • Then I went to the module in Module Manager and changed the position using the position selector, where my new position of  "atomic-currency-Convert-Module" was listed.
  • On the Menu Assignment I assigned the module to the applicable pages (See module.jpg attached)

But if you go to http://78.129.143.111/~bobbark/index.php/water-filters/water-filter-detail you can see an area that I have bordered with dotted blue outline. The module should be inside there.

I am baffled. Surely I have followed each step correctly?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

nordmograph

Here is what you need to insert in the view

$modules =& JModuleHelper::getModules('atomic-currency-Convert-Module');
foreach ($modules as $module){
echo JModuleHelper::renderModule($module);
}