News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

add to shopping card -> error ( Invalid argument)

Started by stresser, August 13, 2012, 17:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stresser

hello.

would like to create a small shop for my website. unfortunatly i have 2 errors and i dont know how to proceed:

1. add to shopping card do not run: for each product, after i press "add to shopping card" on following page an errors comes up:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /is/htdocs/wp10596102_6AEL31ZW6Y/www/finebeatz/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 36
Fatal error: Call to a member function createPriceDiv() on a non-object in /is/htdocs/wp10596102_6AEL31ZW6Y/www/finebeatz/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 186

2. i have created a prodcut category and added different productsto that category. if i click category, the change to productlist runs perfect. but afterwards when i click details of product, the image of my product on productdetail-site is amazaing big. may expectation was that a more small picture will be listed, so that i can click this one to have the big viw in a lightbox or something similar. ok my original picture is big, but i do not want to be forced to change picture sizes if i add a nw product.
see: http://www.finebeatz.de/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=3&virtuemart_category_id=1&lang=de

can anyone help me?

rgds

p.s.: i checkd already the search function. nothing found there :/

PRO

are you using a template override?

a 3rd party template?

stresser

yes i use a third party template. but in configuration of virtuemart i do not use any override.
even if i change to standard joomla template in configuration of virtuemart, nothing is changing. also a switch to default or standard joomla template (beez) doesnt help.

PRO

stresser, you can "turn off error reporting" on your server and this will go away.

stresser

you mean this in joomlamain configuration? in tab "server"? --> doesnt help.

PRO

Quote from: stresser on August 15, 2012, 18:17:46 PM
you mean this in joomlamain configuration? in tab "server"? --> doesnt help.

You host can turn it off for you.

Its always recommended to have it turned off

stresser

ok. you were right. BUT it doesnt not solve my problem. an Order cannot be done: Shopping card is still empty so it seems that product is not handed over into
shopping card.

PRO

you seem to have some problems with the cart, I just tried.

what happens when you switch to normal joomla template?

stresser

i already use standard joomla template.
also if i switch to for example beez5, nothing changed.

mayb one additional info: in backend of virtuemart there is one error message on the top: secure folder not defined. but when i create such a folder with excactly the requested words (vmfiles and subfolder invoices) then still this
error message ist shown.

PRO

what version of virtuemart are you using?

also, what happens when you turn on add to cart "pop up"?

stresser

WOW!!! One solution found! the popup leads to the error: it was activated. whn i uncheck activation, then forwarding to card runs.
virtuemart-version: 2.0.8e

now just error for detail-page is open. picture still is not downsized. ok: i could change this big picture to smaller one, but i want to offer a big detail-picture.

(whats about the above mentioned error that security folder is missing?

PRO

stressor, Do you want the thumbnail to appear, and then click for large picture?

virtuemart will not resize the large picture

stresser

yes excactly. i know it from another shop i have in place. here in an older version of virtuemart
a lightbox is implemented.
so you have
1. the product overview with all products with smaller thumbnails
2. the detail site of an product with with more bigger thumbnails
3. large picture if you click thumbnail of point 2

like this: http://www.mzuo.de/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=15&Itemid=203

PRO

You can use this code in default_images.php

<?php echo $this->product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="'.$this->product->product_name.'" ',true,'class="modal"');?>

stresser

thank you very much for help!!! we can close this topic now.