News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Linnworks Integration

Started by wemblystiggs, August 09, 2012, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wemblystiggs

Hi, we are currently setting up our store, and have opted to use Linnworks to manage our stock as we have several suppliers and dropshippers.

We have most of the data required for setup except two salient bits.

FTP Server path – Full path to where the file should be uploaded. Notice, this should be FULL path, and not just FTP server name. For example if the IP of the my server is 88.102.22.132 and it has folders htdocs, which in turns contains the website cart files, in this instance zencart – the full server path will be ftp:// 88.102.22.132/htdocs/zencart
FTP Username – ftp server username
FTP Password – ftp server password

Site URL – the URL where the uploaded gateway can be reached. This will normally be your site URL. If you have uploaded the gateway to a different folder, you need to reflect this in the Site URL.
Database Server - MySQL or MS SQL server name for connecting to your website cart database.
Database name – the name of the website cart database on the database server.
Database username – login name for connecting to the database

Database password – login password for connecting to the database

So we are missing the FTP server path, this will be where we deploy the linnworks script that will interact with VM, and the Site Url, which I think I have but require confirmation.

We are running Virtuemart 2.0.6 which is working well and under UAT testing at the moment. and its on Joomla 2.5

Any help or nods in the right direction muchly appreciated :)

Love you all!

ivus

Hi wemblystiggs,

Not that I've used Linnworks, but most configs are pretty standard.

Your FTP root can be found when you log in using an FTP program such as Filezilla, FlashFXP, CuteFTP etc... The logs that get get displayed should show you the current root directory. Otherwise check your CPanel info. And lastly... ask your host if you're absolutely unsure.

SITE URL...? that one should be easy... http://www.yourdomain.com/

But in any case Linnworks should have have documentation to guide you through their processes...

**NOTE: salient = important.