News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Size Plugin - Pricing & Display Problems

Started by beachy, August 05, 2012, 14:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachy

Hi,

I have just bought the new VM2 Custom Size plugin which is a great idea!

I am currently going through my sites and updating them to run on VM2 and adding extra functionality as I go. I have managed to install the new plugin successfully but I am having so display issues with it.

Firstly I am using the plugin to calculate prices based on a area . This works perfectly but always adds the value of the original product price to calculated price. Reading through the manual it seems that you are meant to use the Offset for calculation field so that the correct product price is displayed but I cant get it to work. Here is my set up:

Product Name: Ash Worktop
Product Price (1 m²): £ 251.00 ex VAT = £301.20 inc VAT

Photo attached for Custom Size Setup

Enter 1000 x 1000 (1 m²)

Rather than £ 301.20 being displayed £ 602.40 is displayed

If I change the product price to zero - all add to cart buttons disappear as well as the product prices etc!

I also have a funny line of text above the input fields of £0.00 per mm (shown in the image by prices are per m² but input is done in mm so there the price is in decimals!) - How do I stop that from being displayed??

In addition I also want to display the name of the custom field above the length and width in the cart - I have been trying to get this to work all morning but cant get it to work - is there a simple way to do this? I imagine I am not the only one who wants to do this!

Any help is much appreciated!

[attachment cleanup by admin]
_______
Joomla 2.5.11 Virtuemart 2.0.22
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13
Hosted By RochenHost.com - MVS

easy

Hi there,
Please read the other post here first http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105790.0

The problem is with your math calculation,
What unit do you want users to enter into the calculator?
Is it "mm"?
and you want to calculate it to get price per m2?
if so then your price 0.002..... is completely wrong
Lets say price for 1m2 is £305.00 then you have to enter into custom price field £0.000305 because 1m2 = 1m x 1m = 100cm x 100cm = 1000mm x 1000mm = 1000000mm2 (six zeros)
How did you get your price? Did you remember it is a square calculation?
You have to divide m2 price £305.00 by 1000000 because in 1m2 we have 1000000 mm2

But you can also tweak the plugin a little (after you get the right permission from plugin developer!) and let plugin to do this job for you, also when you enter "mm" as unit please see what is displayed in your cart, it is also "mm" but it should be m2 in your case - you have to change code in few files and it will display what you want.

You can follow the link above ang test the same plugin on my testing site to see how it works with "cm" and "m2"
Good Luck and let us know how it works!

beachy

Thanks for the reply easy...unfortunately its not my maths which is wrong - the screenshot is!

I have been using as you suggested 0.000305 however, when the price is calculated (correctly) the price calculated is added to the standard price for the product!

What I want is as follows:

Standard Product Price = £ 301.20

When a product is added which is 1000 x 1000 = £ 301.20 (Correct Price)

However what is displayed is £ 602.40 as the correctly calculated price is added to the original price of the product!

If I change the product price to zero - all add to cart buttons disappear as well as the product prices etc so that is not a solution either!

_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

easy

It works fine on my site, that part of this plugin at least.
My product price is €10 and also 1m2 price is €10 when user enters 1m2 or less it is showin correct €10 price (my offset is 1m2)
I will check other setting, taxes and prices and get back to you then again

beachy

Easy have you got a link to one of your product pages so that i can see it working?
Could you take a screen shot of your custom field setup?

Thanks!
_______
Apache 2.2.24 PHP 5.4.13

easy

Yes, follow the above link to my other post where is teh link to product page.

Milbo

Try to work with the offset beachy.

It was meant for it. the minimum is the minimum which is allowed to enter, the offset is a kind of minimum for the calculation.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

easy

Hi Beachy,
I think it can only happen when you are using other custom field and that custom option fee is set up to 251 as well.
Do you use other custom fields beside custom size ?
Can you provide us with a link to that page?