News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Creating new Order Status

Started by armana, July 19, 2012, 21:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armana

When trying to create a new order status, I get error: 

vmError: TableOrderstates COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STOCK_HANDLE in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STOCK_HANDLE.
vmError: VirtueMartModelOrderstatus::store TableOrderstates COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STOCK_HANDLE in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_STOCK_HANDLE.

When going to "Stock Handle" drop down, it's empty and I'm unsure what this is for?

Thanks in advance,

rand486

I know you haven't seen a response since July (!), but I came across the same problem, and after coming to the realization that this isn't finished yet, I found a workaround:

I went into PHPmyadmin, and opened the jos_virtuemart_orderstates table.

I copied a row that already existed, and changed the fields that mattered to me:

• order_status_code
  • order_status_name
  • order_stock_handle

Note the following:

• Status Code must be unique
  • Status Name is just whatever you want it to appear as
  • Stock Handle seems to be a letter code telling VM what to do.  R seems to be "Reserve", A seems to be "Add" and O seems to be "Remove" from inventory

This is purely based on my own best guess.  No warranty for this advice, and of course, BACKUP your site before trying this!

Any corrections are certainly welcome!

bytelord

Hi,

Did you try to go to Tools -> Tools & Migration -> Install tables and if necessary update them?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!