News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

USPS setup

Started by l_Maven_l, July 17, 2012, 21:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_Maven_l

I've been looking everywhere for how to set up the USPS shipping plugin I bought, the tutorial link on the extensions.virtuemart is broken, the email to the developer popup doesn't work, and his site is in a different language. I have an api from usps. Where do I put what info to get this plugin running? All I see is a username field, what am I missing?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thank You.

BUCS2424

Same here, any one?? Thanks,

alatak

Hello,

Thanks for telling me that the link for the tutorial is broken. I have fixed it.
http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/8-shipment/6-installation-and-configuration-of-usps

l_Maven_l

Thank you, and now that I have it installed I noticed the USPS shipment options have a ton of possibilities. How do I remove the shipment methods that my products don't support? Or control what products use what methods?

l_Maven_l

Quote from: BUCS2424 on July 19, 2012, 03:42:30 AM
Same here, any one?? Thanks,
You need an api that has access to the production server. You can register for one here https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/ for a test api, when you get the email confirmation, contact usps to switch your api to the production server. Once they do that you just need to put the username you got from the api into the usps plugins parameters.

Another question I have, is what if I don't have specific dimensions for my products? Or wouldn't each product have it's own dimensions, why have it on the plugin itself?

l_Maven_l

I've emailed the support and have been looking around in the code itself but haven't been able to find a way to limit these options.
USPS Express Mail ($14.95)
USPS Express Mail Hold For Pickup ($14.95)
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes ($39.95)
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup ($39.95)
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope ($18.95)
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup ($18.95)
USPS Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope ($18.95)
USPS Express Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup ($18.95)
USPS Priority Mail ($5.20)
USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box ($15.45)
USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box ($11.35)
USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box ($5.35)
USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope ($5.15)
USPS Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope ($5.30)
USPS Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope ($5.30)
USPS Priority Mail Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope ($5.15)
USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope ($5.15)
USPS Priority Mail Window Flat Rate Envelope ($5.15)
USPS First-Class Mail Parcel ($3.65)
USPS Parcel Post ($5.20)
USPS Media Mail ($2.47)
USPS Library Mail ($2.35)

Surely you don't expect everyone to need all of these options? It would be far more convenient to limit these to the options viable to the particular products or at least be able to hide what we don't need so as to not be over complicating things.

florenz

I am unable to activate the USPS server. I have already received confirmation of production server and entered in dimensions for all my products. Could someone please help me out? I keep getting this error <We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.> and do not know how to run in debug mode.

florenz

Could someone help me setup this module? I think it is a quick fix but I am overlooking what that might be.

florenz

l_Maven_l

At the very least I'd like to know where those values are held. I can hide or remove them myself, but they are not wrapped in a class and I haven't been able to track back where the loop is calling them from..

alatak

Hello

Those values come from the Domestic Service Options or International Services Options.
You have to select the options you would like to use.
If you have selected all the options, then they are displayed.

l_Maven_l

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I needed. Of course it was something simple...