News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multiple products using same stock as variations

Started by alexandregoes, July 17, 2012, 20:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandregoes

Hi all,

I have a very specific need about controlling the stock and product variations.  I don´t know exactly if the best forum for my question would be the Product or Variations/Child Products, so please, feel free to move my question to the proper forum.

I´m trying to set up a store that will sells sport themed t-shirts.  Each product would be the images the user wants in the t-shirt.  The categories need to be the sports, like Basketball, Football, etc.  I could have sub categories like NBA (for Basketball), etc.

When the user chooses the image he wants, I need to show him the options for that imagem, ie, the t-shirt models, the sizes, the colors, etc.  But my stock is not printed t-shirts, but clean non printed ones, where the images would be print after the selling.  And the stock is made from a mixed combination of variations.  Let´s say I have these variations:

Sex:  Male/Female
Size: Large/Medium/Small
Color: Black/White

The stock would be something like:

21 Male Large White
23 Male Large Black
12 Male Medium White
12 Male Medium Black
51 Male Small White
10 Male Small Black
0 Female Large White (there is no female large t-shirts)
0 Female Large Black (there is no female large t-shirts)
34 Female Medium White
21 Female Medium Black
11 Female Small White
10 Female Small Black

All non printed t-shirts.

I also have some restrictions based on the "product" (ie, image), as some images are like "male only" or "white t-shirt only".

What´s the best way to setup the VirtueMart?  I´m also a programmer, so I can change some code to fit my needs, but I´m trying to find the easiest way.

Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

And sorry about my poor english.  I´m from Brazil so I´m a native portuguese speaker. :)

jenkinhill

Do you intend using the old version of Virtuemart, VM1.1 or the current version, VM2.0?

We no longer have any developers working with VM1.1 - and in any case security support for Joomla 1.5 finishes in September (http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=432&t=726763#p2834821), and the last version, 1.1.9 will not work with Joomla 2.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexandregoes

Hi Jenkin,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I was using an old version of Joomla and also VM 1.1.9, but after your reply I upgraded Joomla and VM to the latest versions.  So, I would appreciate a lot if you can help me with any advice to my problem.

Also, could you please move my topic to a more suitable forum, on VM 2.0 group?

alexandregoes

Hi all,

I also need a way to export/import the products from the old version to the new one. Any suggestions?

TIA.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexandregoes

Hi jenkin,

Thants for all the info about the data migration to V2!  It was very usefull!

Do you have any advice for me about my initial problem, the Variations/Child Products one?