USPS Shipping Plugin is not accounting for the total dimensions by quanity.

Started by hazer26, July 14, 2012, 21:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazer26

Please Help!!!

I am connected to USPS just fine, sending product weights and dimensions for shipping cost calculations.

The two shipping options I have allowed are Small Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail. When a customer orders a product that has dimensions, which fit the small flat rate box, they are able to choose between priority or small flat rate. If they order Qty:1 of a product that does not fit the dimensions for the small flat rate box, the shipping method is defaulted to Priorty Mail.
Thats great! and is what I would expect it to do.

The problem is this. The module does not seem to take into account the volume (LxWxH) of the flat rate box and the total volume of the quantity of products orderd.

For instance, the flat rate box is 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

If I ordered 1 product that is 8 x 5 x 1, I should be allowed to choose the small flat rate box as a shipping option. (which I can)

BUT if I ordred 2 products that were 8 x 5 x 1 each...I should NOT be able to choose a small flat rate box.

My customers currently can purchase any number of items at 8x5x1 and still choose the small flat rate box as there shipping option...and I cannot fit but one of those in that box.

I purchased the USPS shipping plugin found here: http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/usps-detail

Is there something I am doing wrong or a way to fix this? Not worth the money if it cannot truely handle product dimensions x multiple products.

Thanks!!!