News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

404 The requested product does not exist.

Started by OwenPatrick, July 12, 2012, 18:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OwenPatrick

Hi,  I am running Joomla 2.5.4 and VirtueMart 2.0.2.  In is a bi-lingual site.  Everything works perfectly well except, I'm getting a "404 the requested product does not exist" at the product detail when switching languages.  The product does exist in both Spanish and English and I can drill down to the product detail in either language.  This only happens on some products.  Any help with this will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Owen

jjk

First I would recommend to update Joomla and VM2 to latest versions. Especially in VM2 there have been a lot of changes and bug fixes in the past five months since 2.0.2 was released. Since the multilingual features in Joomla rely on menu items, VM2 can't switch from a Spanish product to an English product directly unless you have a menu item for each product. If you have spanish and english category menus set up correctly, VM2 would fall back to the current category view in the other language. Normally you should set up i.e. menu items for a "Categories" overview, the single categories and the cart in both languages and associate the menu items in Joomla menu configuration.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations