News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add to cart button missing

Started by paulhazell, July 11, 2012, 00:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulhazell

I have installed the demo products and the prices and add to cart buttons are showing fine, however when i add a new product instead of an add to cart button all i get in its place is the "choose a product variant first" button, even if the product has no variant options attached to it.
The catalogue only setting is not selected and i know the cart button functions because it appears in the demo products.
What am i missing?

John2400

paulhazell

Ok, i read that post but i still don't understand what i'm supposed to do. In the post it says "we fixed it" but obviously not as i am running the latest version of Virtuemart and i have the same problem.
Am i supposed to roll back to version 2.06?

John2400

paulhazell,

Hi paul - in the other post there is a reply from Milbo - he is the chief designer and he is saying that 2.0.8 d version should fix your issue- I presume that it will come out quite soon as they have been very good and quick on updates.

Update live here : http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

paulhazell

Ok thank you for that. But in the meantime i assume there is nothing i can do and i have a store that doesn't function. Is there a temporary workaround? The default products work so what is the difference between those products and products i have added and is there any way i can add products without this issue occuring?

John2400

unless the other post had an answer ? then no - Milbo knows best. sorry - and I cannot predict the next update -

paulhazell

paulhazell

The person in that other post changed the customfields.php to an older version which corrected the problem. Where can i find that file within Virtuemart?

John2400

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php

paulhazell

That solves the problem for now until the next update.....many thanks