News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Dutch language pack not working?

Started by jeoff, July 05, 2012, 21:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeoff

Hello All

I installed a clean Joomla 2.5.6 plus VM 2.0.8c
I also installed the Joomla Dutch language pack so both front end and back end in Joomla are set to Dutch (NL) as the default language.

I then downloaded the file: com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_languages_extract_first.zip from here http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

I extracted the files, then went to Joomla Backend -> Joomla Extension Manager and uploaded the com_virtuemart_nl-NL.zip file.
The status was: This nl-NL language pack for VirtueMart has been installed successfully. It includes files for the component, modules, and plugins. Some languages may not have all the files.

But the VM language is still all in English! I then went to VM -> Configuration -> Shop and selected Dutch in the 'Multilingual shop' settings but this did not make any difference.

Please help me out, I need the Dutch language in both the front end and back end of VM. I tried looking for help online before this but I could only find older manuals that said I had to manually upload language files? It seems to me this should not be necessary with these files I downloaded?

thanks for any help you can give

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Zuske

i have both my front end and backend of joomla2.5.1 and vm2.0.8 in dutch.

really wouldnt know what the problem would be.
did you go to extension>taalbeheer. to set up the default languages?
in the joomla language map (language/nl-NL) and administrator/language/nl-NL   do you see the virtuemart language files?
if you disable SEF url's. What language code do you see behind you url, and what happens if you change it to nl?
I use falang, something like joomfish to make my site multilingual with flag select module, but without it you should be able to make dutch as default as well.

jeoff

Sorry for my late reply. And thank you for yours.

I followed all the steps in that one link, except for making Joomla Multi-lingual. I ONLY need the Dutch language, not any other.
Yes the default language for front end and back end is Dutch. Also all the menus in the backend and the Joomla native message in front end show in in the dutch Language.

In that link it says: After that you should be able to switch between languages in VM2.

Is there anything I need to do to 'switch' languages except for what you see I did in the screenshot below (also notice the menu bars in Joomla are in Dutch but the VM backend is not).

If I disable SEF the link (after my domain) looks like this: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=categories&virtuemart_category_id=0&Itemid=106
Thanks!

artcore

Hi,

I had the same thing and made it work by extracting the ini's from both zips (site and admin) into their respective language folders via FTP.

jeoff

Quote from: artcore on July 09, 2012, 10:01:55 AM
Hi,

I had the same thing and made it work by extracting the ini's from both zips (site and admin) into their respective language folders via FTP.

Thanks, but in what folders do I extract it exactly?
With FTP I went to Components/com_virtuemart but there was no language folder there. So I can create a 'language' folder manually (or is it 'languages'?) and then a subfolder nl-nl?
Or do I just upload the ini file directly in the language folder.

Same goes for the folder /Administrator/components/com_virtuemart - there is no language folder present there either. In the NL Language zip file I do see the ini files for both front end and back end so if I know exactly what folder to place it in I will try that.

jeoff

Ok I got the back-end working in NL language now! But for some reason the front end is still all in English

I extracted:

com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_languages_extract_first\com_virtuemart_nl-NL\site_nl-NL  -->  Components/com_virtuemart/language/nl-NL
com_virtuemart.2.0.8c_languages_extract_first\com_virtuemart_nl-NL\admin_nl-NL  --> Administrator/Components/com_virtuemart/language/nl-NL

And instantly the backend turned to Dutch but like I said on the front end I still see everything in English
Did you do anything else to make it work artcore?

jeoff

ok it's working now also in the front end, but to be honest I don't know what did the trick. I tried so many things.

But thanks for all your help!

artcore

Probably a cache thing! It's a good practice to clear joomla's and the browsers' cache after an update
Glad you got it to work! Now we can sit back and wait for the rest of the 208c issues to be solved. :o