News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shipping for virtuemart 2

Started by imtiyaz.jmi, June 26, 2012, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtiyaz.jmi

Hi,
I am using virtuemart 2.0.4 with joomla 1.7.5. I am searching for a shipping module for this and unable to find. I want the module having country-wise shipping but could find any for VM2. can you please help me to find out one or some method to create my own

PRO

go to shipment methods and click "new"

msimko

Settings for shipping method are in the Shop Configuration.

I was having a hard time trying to create a shipping method also. Message at top of screen advised that I needed a plugin.

Turns out, when you download Virtuemart and install it, you must unzip it first. In the unzip folder there is a second file. If you install this as an extension through Joomla, you will install the standard shipping plugin and the payment plugin as well.

Then you can create a shipping method, and scratch your head at the configuration choices. Then you can come back here and try to find out more, just like I'm doing.

Good luck.

mccannio

Hi,

I have managed to add plug-in and set up a flat fee of £4.95 which shows on check-out page. However the flat fee is not being added to the total. Have I missed something?

Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: mccannio on September 21, 2012, 13:38:07 PM
Hi,

I have managed to add plug-in and set up a flat fee of £4.95 which shows on check-out page. However the flat fee is not being added to the total. Have I missed something?

Thanks.

post a screenshot of the "configuration"

is it assigned to certain countries? etc?

mccannio

Thanks for getting back to me. I have attached screenshot - I have not assigned any countries but I just want it to work in the UK only if possible?

Any help with this would be much appreciated as my virtuemart shop is un-usable in it's current state.

Thanks.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mccannio

forgot to attach other config screen  - here it is:

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

you have to fill in the other rates.

especially the "minimum for free shipping"

mccannio

Thanks for getting back to me. If I just want one flat rate for every order what rates would I fill in please?

PRO

Quote from: mccannio on September 24, 2012, 10:04:04 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. If I just want one flat rate for every order what rates would I fill in please?

1 flat rate would be the "else cost" but you have to fill in the others to where they would never apply.

OR: if you only want a single rate, you can use the weight_countries   plugin.