News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category Link Text Not Displaying

Started by webzight, June 26, 2012, 02:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webzight

Well again, Solved Sort of :o

I went back compared the default.php file from the product descriptions view template and I noticed that the code below had been added which does appear in the original default.php file I have in my VM 2.0.6 files:

<!-- <?php // Back To Category Button
   if ($this->product->virtuemart_category_id) {
      $catURL =  JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id='.$this->product->virtuemart_category_id);
      $categoryName = $this->product->category_name ;
   } else {
      $catURL =  JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart');
      $categoryName = jtext::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOP_HOME') ;
   }
   ?>
   <div class="back-to-category">
       <a href="<?php echo $catURL ?>" class="product-details" title="<?php echo $categoryName ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_BACK_TO',$categoryName) ?></a>
   </div> -->

As you  can see I commented it out and the problem went away :o

Where did this code come from to begin with, I'd like to know ???

QuoteI now have real doozey :o

I switched to VM 2.0.7d trying to isolate a problem and found that it did not change anything so I switched back to VM2.0.6  :-[

When I switched back to VM2.0.6 I noticed when viewing any product detail, the Category link text was is no longer displaying the appropriate Category title but is displaying the variable name instead, i.e. COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_BACK_TO  :o

How do I fix this folks ???
May the Cloud be with you :)