News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

alternate availability icon not displaying if no stock + no icon in stock 2.0.7f

Started by Parsimonious, June 17, 2012, 16:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsimonious

I'm using joomla 2.5.4 and virtuemart 2.0.7f

2 problems

First:
If in configuration I have it set "Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action"
when a product has 0 stock than the availability icon set for it shows, however if it has stock it does not show. This is a problem because I use these icons to indicate how long until an item ships. Just because it's in stock doesn't mean it will ship immediately. If it ships directly from my supplier I will use different availability icons for different brands knowing it takes longer to dropship an item coming from outside my country, than it does one located an hours drive from our store. This might not be a bug, but just a design flaw.

2nd problem.
I try to use "Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed"
I set the availability icon to something different than I have set for an individual product.
Again if it is in stock no icon shows, if it is out of stock the icon set at the product level shows, not the one set in the configuration for out of stock products.

Milbo

For the first problem, it looks like we need to add another option, something like:

"Display always availability icon".

But when you are exact, you do not have a stock, so why do you not just use the last option?

Second problem is clear. The product is specific and overwrites the global setting used in the config
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member