Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Profit Margin Product Attributes

Started by vhm, June 07, 2012, 13:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhm

Hi all,

I have a problem in my set up in VM 2.

I have two type of customer groups: final clients and resellers. The resellers have a profit margin of, for example, 50%. The profit margin calculation in not having in account the variation in prices per attribute, only applies the margin on the base price.

See below an example:

Product A - Attribute: 1 - Variation of price: NONE

Final Clients
Price before taxes 100€

Reseller- They have a profit margin of 50%
Price before taxes - 50€

Product A - Attribute: 2 - Variation of price: 50€

Final Clients
Price before taxes 150€ (100€ + 50€) - OK

Reseller - They have a profit margin of 50%
Price before taxes - 100€ - THIS IS WRONG

The calculation that VM 2 is doing is: (Base Price -%Profit Margin) + Variation in price per attributes.

It should be: ( Base Price + Variation in price per attributes ) -%Profit Margin. In this case the result should be  ( 100€ + 50€ ) -% 50 = 75€

If I use DBTax the calculation, of course, is going to be correct but then in the orders of the resellers the field discount is filled with this "discount" but this is not a discount is a profit margin.

Thanks in advance!

vhm

No one has any idea how to solve this?

John2400

Just so you know ,

There have been quite a few strides in some of the new updated versions in regards to taxes before and after the set price.

* I believe you may still be using versions 2.0.6 which others have discussed similar issues.

* you can see from my attached files that some of your concerns are and have been addressed in the test versions 2.0.7 (version F) which is available for testing but is not 100% stable- just in regards to some small bugs.

You are most welcome to try and test -  Please save a copy of your site first and then update.

However - I believe that a stable version may be out soon.

The image is taken from the ( individual products page)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

vhm

Thank you for your answer.

I have searched all over the net (this forum included) and I didn't found anything about this particular topic.

For now we have edit virtuemart to ommit the discount fields as we are using DBTax.

As soon as possible I'll try that test version at least to give you some feedback.

vhm

Hi,

I've completely forgotten to give my feedback back...but the issue was solved by the update.

Tks.