News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2.0 bad performance

Started by agrupe, June 03, 2012, 11:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agrupe

Hi,

the performance of VM 2.0 / Joomla 2.5 (under jupgrade)  is good if I start browsing. After a few minutes, it drops significantly.

Joomla pages are still opened below 1 sec but to open a VM category, a product or press the order-button takes up to 5sec.

If you exit Firefox and start browsing after a few minutes again, the VM speed is ok for a few minutes but then it goes down again.

I still do have my life shop under VM 1.1.9 on the same server without any problems.

Any ideas on this?

Andreas

P.S: There is no problem in the VM Backend. Only the Frontend is affected.

John2400

agrupe,

Hi are you using 2.0.6 ? as there was in earlier versions a litttle issue with browser speed.

Try reinstalling over the top again - and also try and turn off modules that you do not use in the back end - 2.5.4 have lots of extras. some may cause an issue with speed.

Jerome

I got better performance after uninstalling k2 software.

agrupe

Hi,

I'm using 2.0.6. Will try to disable unused modules/plugins today.

What is k2 software?

Andreas

John2400

John2400

agrupe

no surprise that I don't know k2 as I'm not using it ;-)

agrupe

OK, I have disabled all unused modules but it's still dadly slow.

Maybe someone can check it:

go to
http://www.elko-verkauf.de/jupgrade/elkotausch-audio-video/sat-receiver/157-humax-icord-hd
=> Fast (it's a Joomla page)

Click the left button/graphic "PW504D"
=> Fast (it's a Joomla page)

Click the cart-button right to it called "Elko-Kit kaufen"
=> takes 5-6 sec to open the VM page

It's the same on every single page. Joomla pages open below 1 sec, VM 2.0.6 pages need 5sec and longer

Wanna see tho old VM1.1.9 page?
http://www.elko-verkauf.de/elkotausch-audio-video/sat-receiver/157-humax-icord-hd.html
=> VM page opens in a second

The page is still "under construction" therefore I will shut it down when I'm not working on it

Thanks for any ideas

Andreas

John2400

Link is incorrect ??

Try and modify your link for us.

agrupe

Hi,

the shop is open from 9 to 5  :-\

I had closed the shop over night. It's open now and I will keep it open for the next days.

Thanks

Andreas

SamF

Hello,

Quote from: agrupe on June 06, 2012, 18:57:26 PM
Click the cart-button right to it called "Elko-Kit kaufen"
=> takes 5-6 sec to open the VM page

It's the same on every single page. Joomla pages open below 1 sec, VM 2.0.6 pages need 5sec and longer
Thanks for any ideas
"Any ideas":

This page has 13 external Javascript scripts.  Try combining them into one.
This page has 11 external stylesheets.  Try combining them into one.
This page has 13 external background images.  Try combining them with CSS sprites.

Compress components with gzip
There are 20 plain text components that should be sent compressed

Regards

P.S.: Check another template with the same page.
VM2 pages load 2-3sec in average.
It's not F1 speed, but twice better, than beez_20 results.

agrupe

Hi,

I changed the template without any luck ;-(

BUT:

As soon as you are logged in as a user the speed is 100% OK.
Log Off and it will be deadly slow again.

That's strange but maybe this gives a hint what to do? To me this looks like a real bug in VM2.0.6

Thanks

Andreas

SamF

Quote from: agrupe on June 07, 2012, 12:31:44 PM
As soon as you are logged in as a user the speed is 100% OK.

Cache tricks? No immediate "hints", but thank you, I'll look closer on this effect... If there is a solution, it'll be shared.

agrupe

Thanks for your support. If you need a guest account, I can give you a login to check this behavior.

As long as I'm still migrating things it's not a big problem - I can log in but no potential customer will register just to get more speed ;-(

Andreas

agrupe

I tried 2.0.7c on an other of my testsites but no changes.

The result of this bug is even worse as I had thought: Google will probably drop the ranking as the page is so slow and customers comming not via the startpage but - because of a Google search - start right inside the shop might think that the side is down if they have to wait longer than 5 sec to come from their searchpage to teh search result.

So if I can be of any help to solve this, let me know. I have already postphoned my re-opening of the shop, which was planned for this weekend ;-(

Thanks for any help

Andreas