News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Admin menu items doubled

Started by operapixie, May 30, 2012, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

operapixie

Hi again,
Very new to VM. Fresh install tonight to a brand new Joomla 2.5 website.  I'm not sure how I've ended up with 2 of each menu item in the admin panel.  i.e.:

PRODUCTS
>>Product Categories
>>Product Categories
>>Products
>>Products
>>Custom Fields
>>Custom Fields

etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure I must've mucked something up in the database itself, but I'm not sure what.

Also, no idea if the following is related or not, but when I try and add a category, the page gets all wonky (no css) the following error appears as well:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /path/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 459

Any help that can be afforded would be very much appreciated!

~Laura

operapixie

FYI
I was able to solve the doubled menu items by editing the database itself through PHP MySQL.  But I'm still not able to create new categories or edit existing ones or anything. I just get a white page with menu links and all, but no CSS is loaded, and no buttons in order to actually still accomplish anything despite no "pretty-ness".

Help???

Do I just need to delete entirely and re-install?  It's a fresh site with no original content yet, so I don't mind doing that if it's necessary. But if I can avoid it, of course that would be preferable.

~Laura