News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Tax calculation shows wrong

Started by DiveO2, May 28, 2012, 21:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveO2

Hi

The title of this is incorrect, however, let me explain...

when VM2 calculations for tax happens, it uses the figures in VM2 back end.
This causes a major problem because the prices shown to clients are limited to 2 decimal places but the calculations are done with 3, 4 or 5 decimal places!
This means that if my customer orders multiple items (for example a quantity of 50) then there could be a big difference in what it looks like it should be.

Therefore, can you tell me the correct way to limit the back end decimal places to TWO please?
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

Merry

Quote from: DiveO2 on May 28, 2012, 21:54:55 PM
Hi

The title of this is incorrect, however, let me explain...

when VM2 calculations for tax happens, it uses the figures in VM2 back end.
This causes a major problem because the prices shown to clients are limited to 2 decimal places but the calculations are done with 3, 4 or 5 decimal places!
This means that if my customer orders multiple items (for example a quantity of 50) then there could be a big difference in what it looks like it should be.

Therefore, can you tell me the correct way to limit the back end decimal places to TWO please?

DiveO2,

In your back end, Products - Taxes & Calculation Rules menu, go to the Value box and enter the amount of the tax with two digits, expressed as a percentage. Example, 6.25 means 6.25%.

Merry

Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

DiveO2

Hi Merry

Thank you for the suggestion, however, no matter how I type 20.00 into the box and click save or save & close, it always goes back to 20.0000
Regards
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

DiveO2

Hi again Merry

I've noticed that you have given answers to lost's & lot's of queries over the last few hours.

Quote: "When life hands you lemons, grab tequila and salt."

Are you sure, you're not sat under a lemon tree right now!    ;D