News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

What bugs do you know of in stockable variants plugin

Started by OpenGlobal, May 24, 2012, 14:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willc

I think the file attached by u in another topic has this changes.

Can u provide a file with this changes?
The lines in ur explanation appear different by my. My ftp seem to add blank lines between each line

OpenGlobal

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

At the moment, no. It doesn't remove the out of stock variants. That's another one for my list.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: gkolomvos on June 06, 2012, 15:17:49 PM
You are right , it 's OK to hide  the child products but how can you hide them from modules like "Latest" or "Best sell products"?

Hmmm....I shall have to investigate that. It will probably be another one for my bug list.

OpenGlobal

Willc

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 16:07:30 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

At the moment, no. It doesn't remove the out of stock variants. That's another one for my list.

OpenGlobal

OK, sorry for my bad english. I will waiting trying.
If I have some progress I will be glad to post here.

Thanks

OpenGlobal

Willc,

Your English is fine, my reading is bad :-)

Try the attached file. I haven't extensively tested it, but it seems to work for me.

OpenGlobal

[attachment cleanup by admin]

OpenGlobal

Quote from: gkolomvos on June 06, 2012, 15:17:49 PM
You are right , it 's OK to hide  the child products but how can you hide them from modules like "Latest" or "Best sell products"?

Ah, these are third party modules so I don't think there's anything that can be done about them here. As the stockable cart variants plugin comes with VM itself, I guess this is technically a bug in those modules displaying the child products.

OpenGlobal

OpenGlobal

Quote from: KarlRanseier on June 05, 2012, 20:35:23 PM
maybe its not cause of the plugin but if you add a translation to a product, all variants are unlinked, they are still there but not connected.  :-\

I've looked into this and it looks like it's a core bug. All child products are removed from the parent when saving product translations regardless of how they're set up.

I'll raise this with the Dev team.

OpenGlobal

Willc

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 17:15:19 PM
Willc,

Your English is fine, my reading is bad :-)

Try the attached file. I haven't extensively tested it, but it seems to work for me.

OpenGlobal

You got this!!

Work perfectly, combined with another replacement, product.php, that u attached in another topic.
This is the solution.

Will post  the complete solution  with credits for you in the other topic that i was opened, for the further users that came for the same problem.

Thanks

OpenGlobal

Can anyone provide a link to a GoDaddy demo where this is not working at all?

OpenGlobal

Willc

For the further users that search by the same that I, you can show this topic. This 2 steps provided by OpenGlobal work perfectly.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103561.0

dsrpmedia

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 06, 2012, 18:11:54 PM
Can anyone provide a link to a GoDaddy demo where this is not working at all?

OpenGlobal

I`ve got a dev site on godaddy with 2.5.4 & vm 2.0.6

I had pretty much given up on the stockable variant, so it is no longer set up for that - bnut if you wanted a test godaddy site to play with I could pm you an admin login

OpenGlobal

mowgs

Thanks OpenGlobal!

Will upload the files from WillC's post and have another go with Stockable Variants, sounds like you've made some great progress - just hope the VM team appreciate it as much as the community!

ivowolfen

Some interesting bug in my case. I tried to create multilanguage support to my VM using overrides. Create one custom field with stockable variants plugin with two options named: COM_VIRTUEMART_EXECUTION="Execution" with values EXECUTION_WALL="Wall mounted"
EXECUTION_FREE="Free" Standing"
and second option COM_VIRTUEMART_ACTIVATION="Activation" with values:
PHOTO_ACTIVATION="Photocell"
KNEE_ACTIVATION="Knee valve"
with corresponding translation in second language. The problem come with second option dropdown , show translation string just for second, and then replace it with  PHOTO_ACTIVATION or KNEE_ACTIVATION (pic01 attached), so in the cart options are shown with constants (pic02).
This happens also when I create custom field with "Cart variant" type, dropdown is not correct, but cart is fine in this case - show correct overrides.
Everything with overrides is fine only when i choose "string" type of custom filed - but i preffer to track correct child product number as in stockable variants plugin.

And i have additional question, may custom field can be shown if there is no price set to the item, with "Call for price" variant.
Excuse me for my bad english, and thank you for attention.

Joomla 2.5.4, VM 2.0.6

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mowgs

Hi, just working with the plugin today - come across one thing re: stock numbers

When entering the products all seems fine - if you enter no stock for a child then it displays notify me instead of being orderable.

One thing - the children that are in stock are showing as having the total stock for the parent?

i.e.  1 Parent with 20 Children.

18 of the children have 10 items in stock
2 children have no stock

so 180 items in stock of various sizes.

When doing a test order, I was able to order 12 of one size!

Customer front end showed no problems, and confirmed the order

It then showed -2 in the inventory in the backend for the particular size I had ordered?