News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Admin area messed up and cannot Save config

Started by PattyHultquist, May 15, 2012, 23:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PattyHultquist

I have a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.4 and VM 2.0.6 on a brand new linux hosting setup at Network Solutions. The admin area looks very messed up and I have never been able to save anything in the VM config or any other settings. There appears to be a jquery error. I see the jquery is not defined error and other jquery errors after that. This is all related only to the admin area and the reason I cannot save settings is because the Save button uses jquery. Since I am not able to edit the config, I've tried everything I could find on these forums by editing the virtuemart.cfg file like changing google_jquery to 0. I've reloaded the config file and verify that it is not loading google's jquery. Nothing seems to work. I am not able to turn off the VM jquery or VM CSS or any of those settings under Activate CSS Styles and Javascripts because I cannot save the config settings and I do not see those settings in the virtuemart.cfg file.

Also there are no images. The server looks like it truncated very long file names on install, so all images are missing. I hope that only the images are affected and not any important files. I've attached an image of what my VM control panel looks like.

I have spent many hours on this trying to figure out what is wrong. Any idea on how to resolve the jquery problem so that I can save the config in admin?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

It must be your template. Sorry, I have no real clue. Does the jquery work on the joomla pages?

Maybe this helps http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99323.msg340828#msg340828
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PattyHultquist

That's what I'm thinking but I'm using the standard Bluestork - Default  admin template that comes with the Joomla 2.5 installation. I've also tried the Hathor - Default admin template and get the same thing. I've got google_jquery=0 set for config. Other Joomla areas work just fine, it's just in VM.

Is there a way using the config file to turn off the VM jquery or VM CSS or any of those settings under Activate CSS Styles and Javascripts to see if that would help?

Or is there another admin template that you know works well with VM? I've attached the head tag for view source on the config page in VM admin.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

hmmm of course we also use the standard templates. Strange thing, really.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

PattyHultquist

Could someone please review the attachment I made previously which is the head tag code where I'm getting a jquery is not defined error? Is something out of order or missing?

And is there a way using the config file to turn off the VM jquery or VM CSS or any of those settings under Activate CSS Styles and Javascripts to see if that would help?

PattyHultquist

Out of the blue, my Admin seems to be functioning properly after doing nothing for a couple of days. Network solutions must have a caching issue.