News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 backend component link

Started by depika, May 09, 2012, 15:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

depika

I have installed the latest version of vm2 (2.0.6) and the component link is not created at the component drop down menu at the administrator site.

I tried 3 times. has anyone else reported this problem? I searched the forum but I cannot seem to find it.

Depika

teknoboy

Yes, I too have this problem. I am using:    Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT    and     Virtuemart 2.0.6.

When I install Virtuemart, I get the message that the installation went well. Also there is an Icon which says "go to shop" (or something like that).
This icon takes me to the Virtuemart control panel which I am familiar with, but.... there is no link nor Icon in the components menu of the Joomla backend. It just isn't there! no icon, no link.

I though it might be because I needed to install the All In One (aoi), so I did. Now I can see the icon and link for "virtuemart-aio" but still not link to virtuemart. If I click the virtuemart-aio link, I get a message "You already have the latest version".

Ok, So I have the latest version, but there is no link in the components menu, just like with depika.
Grateful for any help...

depika

I have done exactly the same as you teknoboy but still no link at the components menu!

teknoboy

I would even be happy just to be able to create the link manually. I just don't know how....

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

teknoboy

That was it! I had xmap installed. Enabled the plugin and boom VM link is back.

jenkinhill you are the shizzle!