News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

www.allspeedengineering.com - VM2

Started by 16vmini, May 02, 2012, 17:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16vmini

Running vm2. Sells speshitpillt parts to convert a classic mini into a monster !

www.allspeedengineering.com

Using linelab template and one page checkout. With a few tweeks from me

Simple site but works

Apart from the small bugs in vm2 lol

Matt

Pirata

Nice, simple, a bit minimalistic.
I think onepage for checkout is a very good option as long as that page is relatively short.

16vmini

Quote from: Pirata on May 03, 2012, 15:45:31 PM
Nice, simple, a bit minimalistic.
I think onepage for checkout is a very good option as long as that page is relatively short.

thanks .. they customer is a very minimalistic person .. so is treading slowly for his first real online shop .. and his customer base dont mind it...

also helps when using VM2 to keep it simple for now as well ! LOL

Matt

paulzero

Hi Matt ! Site's Smooth, simple = good ! (Nice gear to !)

I notice you're using VM2 & LineLab "Skylab" template. I'm testing / building a VM2 - J2.5.4 site using LineLab "GlassLab" & I just can not get the "Related Categories" to show up in the Tabbed area on the front end "Product Details" page - I notice you got the feature to work on AllSpeeds site.

I had to muck around for hours to get the "Related Products" to show up in front end "Tabbed Content" area but still no joy with "Related Categories" ? Did you have to do anything special to get it going ? I added the "Related Categories" in the back end "Product Details" tab "Custom Fields" > "Related Categories" clicking categories from the drop-down > save > refresh & those categories show up OK, but when you view the page thru the front end they dont show !!!!

Is this a VM2 problem or something to do with LineLab's template ??? Emailed LineLab but they dont reply - Any ideas ? Cheers

16vmini

can you give me a link to it working on my site ? as i thought i could not get it to work either ! LOL

Matt

paulzero

Hi Matt !! Bad News - "Related Categories" spat something out somewhere yesterday (forgot to make a note as to where this "event" happened) - but today - no joy !! What does this mean I wonder ? Cheers.

AH

Regarding the checkout.

It si good practice to make this as simple as possible for the customer by removing field inputs that are not required to complete the order
i.e
Salutation (Mr Mrs etc)
Middle Name
Fax
Mobile

It will also help move the details of the order further up the screen
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

spyderwebdesign

Very nice site. Did you use one page checkout for the checkout page? It's nice not having to click through 3-4 screens to check out.

Limonbay

Nice one, simple, clean design.
Piercings y complementos
http://www.limonbay.com
Joomla 2.5.14
Virtuemart 2.0.24

Funky

The sites looks good but you need to add an about us page to give more credibility to your visitors and also for  the onpage factor I noticed that you do not have an alt attribute on your logo banner, this is not that good for search engine. Hope this helped.
I want to help. If you need help PM me :)

appletree

Hello Matt,

I was looking for B2B VM shops and found yours. I have problems to show prices without VAT (in the shop) and show in Checkout the prices with VAT. I have seen this is working good on your site. So I wonder how do you do this?
Maybe a print screen of the Shopper Group can help? Or did you hack some core files in VM?

I hope you cab help.

thanks  Nico

16vmini

7hill

Very nice and clear site, would be useful to show users the methods of payment to buy with icons.