News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

- Safe path error - shop don't start - white page

Started by amedeo, May 01, 2012, 17:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amedeo

I need a little help.
I installed VM 2 and all ok.
Versione PHP: 5.3.8   - Server Web: Apache/2 - Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable
I have a problem with file configuration.
if I go into the store or preview there is always a blank page
On menu Templates there is a Safe path. When i make Save i see this alert:
Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/ucxjxmze/domains/stickersmurali.joomlahost.it/vmfiles
I do not know if you need to create a folder and how to use the url. If I use the same address as the view I get the same warning. Can you help me?. I'm not very handy but I try to commit.  Tanks a lot in advance

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

amedeo

Tanks Mr. jenkinhill

I have this log error:
Wed May 02 16:06:58 2012] [error] [client 95.225.42.225] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/ucxjxmze/domains/stickersmurali.joomlahost.it/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/file.php on line 88, referer: http://www.stickersmurali.joomlahost.it/administrator/index.php

you can give me some indication? tanks in advance
a. borgia

jenkinhill

That is a Joomla generated error coming from the Joomla cache - Joomla 1.5 is reported to have some issues when on PHP 5.3.8

You should manually create the safe path directory, but maybe also be using Joomla 2.5 instead of Joomla 1.5
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum