News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

no VM registration emails sending & orders not saving

Started by jakhall, April 03, 2012, 03:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakhall

I have this problem. I am using VM 2.0.2  and Joomla 2.5.4

When I register as a user, I don't recieve any email notification about the new registration, as the user or the vendor. Also, when I place an order, the order doesn't save even though I get to the 'congratulations' page as the shopper. No emails confirming the order go to admin or shopper either.

I have tried the default Joomla mail sending process and it works fine, sending mail to website registered users. It's just the VM which doesn't operate correctly.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart uses Joomla's registration email configuration. Is this on a real properly configured server or on local host. What PHP version is being used?

With some hosts anti-spam measures on the server prevent some mail being sent. If the order is not saved it sounds like you have more than one issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

in joomla user manager are you set to "receive system emails"

jakhall

Thank you guys for your time on this...

Jenkinhill -
this site is setup on a live server (dedicated)
PHP Version is 5.2.17

Banquet Tables -
Yes, I am listed to 'recieve system emails' (shopper isn't even recieving his registration email and his purchase details email either though)

I again have just tried to make a purchase and after successfully being directed to the paypal payment page, it was attempting to redirect me back to the website but gave me the following error...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartCart::sentOrderConfirmedEmail() in /home/flowerba/public_html/plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 310

I recieved the email notification from PayPal to confirm my successful payment and the Order is now listed in the 'Orders' section of VM admin. :)  So the issue is now only the fact that no one is recieving emails through VM

jenkinhill

First you should update php to 5.3+ as 5.2.17 is pretty old now - and 5.2.4 is the absolute minimum requirement for J2.5 to work. - http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

If the server is not permitting you to use Joomla's PHP mail then try using SMTP.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum