News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Add new discount type

Started by raimiuxas, March 29, 2012, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raimiuxas

Simple question. Where i can add new discount type VM2.0.2? :) I can't find it.

John2400

Hi raimiuxas,

I presume you wish to add to customers a discount for volume or percentage?

There is a new module here for discounts -  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

If you wish to reward customers with a gift or coupon : then its under orders & shoppers>> coupons

Or discounts for more orders over a certain value - then you can add that in shipping statements - like shipping is free over $1000 orders

Or discounts in taxes on all goods or countries for a period of time  _ in Products >> taxes and calculations.

Or set products to be available fro only a certain period of time in the actual product area.

Or add a product to featured>> and discount it for a week/ or moree - Go into each product and you can see the add to featured products.

antonio

Sorry to reopen an old thread.

I don't understand how to do this simple discount setting in Virtuemart 2.0.8e:

1 - I want to apply a 20% discount to a few products of different categories for an indefinitely time.
2 - For each products I want to show the base price (for ex. 10€), the discount (2€) and the final price (8 €).

I created a Tax & Calculation Rule:
Type of Arithmetic Operation Price Modiefier before tax (there are no taxes on this site)
Math operation -%
Visible for Shopper
nothing else

Now I can assign this kind of rule but I can't see into product details the base price, only the discount amount (for ex. 2€) and the final price (8€):
whatever I set into configuration / pricing I see only these figures.

Perhaps this is not the correct way to assign a discount?