Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Module VirtueMart Products not showing new products

Started by quimkaos, March 26, 2012, 03:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quimkaos

Hi!

I'm using Joomla! 2.5.1 and virtuemart.2.0.3.G

i upgraded from virtuemart 2.0.2 to 2.0.3G due to a bug with invisible chars that were messing with the styling of the site. I think this is a well known problem and it's fixed in 2.0.3G.
But now the module VirtueMart Products (mod_virtuemart_product) is now showing any new product i insert in to the shop. They appear inside the shop under it's respective category, i can browse it's contents but they do not appear in the module. I tried changing the display mode to every option (Featured, Best Sales, Random, or Latests products) with the same effect.

Does anyone knows a fix for this?

I also found what i think are 2 smaller bugs in the php code. I don't think they will affect this problem since they are also present in virtuemart 2.0.2:
in file /joomlafolder/modules/mod_virtuemart_product/helper.php:
1 - on line 85 it reads <?php // Display the add to cart button ?> since // is a single line comment the ending php tag (?>) is also commented.
2 - the file ends with
        <?php }
     }
}

Thank in advance

quimkaos

update:
pseudo-bug #1 - seems php detects the ending tag...
pseudo-bug #2 - it's supposed to be the "pure php so no closing tag" thou i thought that this was only used when php was not mixed with markup languages...

;D

Since no one answers me, i'll ask another question: is it possible to downgrade from 2.0.3.G to 2.0.2? i prefer using virtuaemart with a visual bug then using it with an application bug.

estaser

I have the same case as you, I've upgraded to 2.0.3I to see if there was any better with 2.0.2 but now there are very important things do not work, as in the cart does not get the total price and shipping even if you set a I said that is empty ... So I want to go back to 2.0.2, as I can do? you've done? I hope your help as these two problems are very serious and I have to deliver and the web. THANKS  :'(

quimkaos

i was with 2.0.3G, "downgraded" to 2.0.3E and it's good now. didn't test last test version 2.0.3H... try testing it first in a local server first to see if anything brakes or fixes...

iftikhardirv

Is some one know how to do pagination in product module using virtuemart 2.0.2 ?

quimkaos

what do you mean? css styling it or changing how the items flow on the product page? i'm guessing how the items flow... and it's kind of an complex process, not an out of the box feature. it's something like creating a template for joomla it self but a litle more complex since you nead to create/edit more files and change to that template (views) in the shop configuration. yes i would like more documentation on this too...

iftikhardirv

I want pagination in product module whatever the style is not intersted in css now but don't know how to do pagination in module as we do pagination in component but in module i didn't used it and now i need to do this so how can i do this any help plz ????

bunglehaze

Have you looked in my thread about module showing inconsistant products? I found that when my shop has products in booked and stock that they dont show in the module if called.